- 1 What all does the IT Department handle?
- 2 Why can't I log into my email or a lab computer?
- 3 I can't get into SONIS!
- 4 How do I replace a lost or stolen ID badge?
- 5 Something in the computer labs or classrooms doesn't work, what should I do?
- 6 Can I forward my email?
- 7 How do I use the scanners in the Computer Labs?
- 8 How do I get Office on my computer?
- 9 Do we have access to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- 10 If I want to bring my own laptop to school, what are the requirements?
- 11 Can you help with this sharp pain in my neck?
- 12 What's the capital of Djibouti?
What all does the IT Department handle?
- Anything that could be considered Information Technology.
- Here are some examples of what is supported:
- Usernames and Passwords
- Server Access
- Remote/Offsite Access
- Office 365 (email, Office Suite, Teams, Sharepoint, etc...)
- Adobe Software
- Administrative Software
- Media Players
- Security Cameras
- Door Access (Main building and 12th street dorm)
- The IT Department is not limited to this list and it is subject to change at any time.
- For questions about what is supported, simply submit a Help Ticket.
Why can't I log into my email or a lab computer?
- You probably have the wrong username or password.
- Unless specified otherwise, your username will be your first name, a period, and then last name followed by the school's domain.
- An example would be [email protected]
- Make sure you've got that period between your first and last name.
- If that's correct, you may need to reset your password.
- We have a guide on how to do that in the "How-To" section here.
- If you still have issues, just put in a Help Ticket.
I can't get into SONIS!
- SONIS is one of the few things the IT Department doesn't immediately support.
- In addition, SONIS isn't directly connected to our directory either, so that means you have a separate login for that system.
- A typical SONIS username is your first and last initial followed by a string of numbers.
- For students, you also have a PIN instead of a password.
- If you are locked out or need assistance logging in to or using SONIS, you'll need to contact the Registrar:
- Email - [email protected]
- Phone - 513-562-8749
- Office - South 265.
How do I replace a lost or stolen ID badge?
- You'll need to complete a very simple online form here.
- Replacement badges are $15.
- If you'd rather pay with cash, see the Business Office:
- Give them your cash and they'll give you a receipt.
- Take that receipt to the security guard on duty and they'll print off a new badge for you.
Something in the computer labs or classrooms doesn't work, what should I do?
- All technology is checked periodically throughout the year, but is too much to check on a regular basis.
- The IT department can't fix or replace something if it doesn't know there's a problem.
- The best thing to do is to simply make a help ticket to notify the IT staff of a problem.
- This can include, but isn't limited to:
- Keyboards or mice not working
- Frozen or locked up computer
- Discolored or fuzzy monitors
- Projector bulbs
Can I forward my email?
- Yes, especially since the AAC will only send information to your school email.
- You can forward your email by going to your settings in Office365.
- There's a video on how to do that in the "How-To" section.
How do I use the scanners in the Computer Labs?
- A guide on how to use the scanners can be found in the "How-To" section.
How do I get Office on my computer?
- So long as you are a student or employee of the school, you are entitled access to Office.
- To download the software onto your computer:
- Sign in to Office365 by going to mail.artacademy.edu.
- At the main page, click on "Install Office" and select "Office 365 apps" from the drop-down menu.
- This will download the installer for your specific operating system.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions.
- At first run, you may be asked to sign in with your email address and password to complete the installation.
Do we have access to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Yes, so long as you are an enrolled student or specifically designated faculty or staff member, you have access.
- As a student, if you take a semester off, you loose your access. The same thing applies for adjunct faculty (winter and summer breaks don't count).
- If you are unsure if you have access, simply submit a Help Ticket.
- To get started, visit www.adobe.com and click "Sign In" at the top right.
- Use your school email address and choose "Company or School Account" when prompted.
- You will then see an Office365 login page.
- Log in using your school email address and password. If you're already logged in to Office365, you will automatically be signed in.
- After signing in, click on the "Apps" tab near the top left of the screen.
- Download the "Creative Cloud" application.
- DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY INDIVIDUAL APP, ONLY DOWNLOAD THE CREATIVE CLOUD APP.
- If you try to just download Photoshop and sign in with your Adobe ID, it won't work.
- Install the Creative Cloud app, open it and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Once signed in, click on the "Apps" tab.
- Click the blue "Install" button next to the app you want to install.
If I want to bring my own laptop to school, what are the requirements?
- For Apple Laptops
- MacBook Air
- Intel i5 Processor
- 128GB of storage
- 4 GB of RAM
- 1024x768 display dimensions • 512 MB of VRAM
- MacOS 10.12 Sierra
- MacBook Pro
- Intel i7 processor
- 256GB or higher of storage • 8GB or higher of RAM
- Retina display
- 1GB or higher of VRAM
- MacOS 10.15 Catalina
- For Microsoft Devices
- Intel i5 Processor
- 128 GB of storage
- 4 GB of RAM
- 1024x768 display
- 512 MB of VRAM
- Windows 8
- Intel i7 Processor
- 256GB or higher storage
- 8 GB or higher of RAM
- 1920x1080 or higher display
- 1GB or more of VRAM
- Windows 10
- Please note, due to software availability and compatibility, we do not recommend using iPads or Chrome based tablets or laptops.
Can you help with this sharp pain in my neck?
- No. Go see a doctor.
What's the capital of Djibouti?