From Help

Revision as of 17:13, 25 May 2020 by Admin (talk | contribs) (If I want to bring my own laptop to school, what are the requirements?)

What all does the IT Department handle?

  • Anything that could be considered Information Technology.
  • Here are some examples of what is supported:
    • Usernames and Passwords
    • Internet/Wifi
    • Computers
    • Printing
    • Copiers/Scanners
    • Server Access
    • Remote/Offsite Access
    • Office 365 (email, Office Suite, Teams, Sharepoint, etc...)
    • Adobe Software
    • Administrative Software
      • FinancialEdge
      • RaisersEdge
      • PowerFAIDS
      • EdConnect
      • JotForm
    • Telephones
    • Projectors/Monitors
    • TVs
    • Speakers
    • Microphones
    • Media Players
    • Security Cameras
    • Door Access (Main building and 12th street dorm)
  • The IT Department is not limited to this list and it is subject to change at any time.
  • For questions about what is supported, simply submit a Help Ticket.

Why can't I log into my email or a lab computer?

  • You probably have the wrong username or password.
  • Unless specified otherwise, your username will be your first name, a period, and then last name followed by the school's domain.
  • Make sure you've got that period between your first and last name.
  • If that's correct, you may need to reset your password.
  • We have a guide on how to do that in the "How-To" section here.
  • If you still have issues, just put in a Help Ticket.

I can't get into SONIS!

  • SONIS is one of the few things the IT Department doesn't immediately support.
  • In addition, SONIS isn't directly connected to our directory either, so that means you have a separate login for that system.
  • A typical SONIS username is your first and last initial followed by a string of numbers.
    • For students, you also have a PIN instead of a password.
  • If you are locked out or need assistance logging in to or using SONIS, you'll need to contact the Registrar:

How do I replace a lost or stolen ID badge?

  • You'll need to complete a very simple online form here.
  • Replacement badges are $15.
  • If you'd rather pay with cash, see the Business Office:
    • Give them your cash and they'll give you a receipt.
    • Take that receipt to the security guard on duty and they'll print off a new badge for you.

Something in the computer labs or classrooms doesn't work, what should I do?

  • All technology is checked periodically throughout the year, but is too much to check on a regular basis.
  • The IT department can't fix or replace something if it doesn't know there's a problem.
  • The best thing to do is to simply make a help ticket to notify the IT staff of a problem.
  • This can include, but isn't limited to:
    • Keyboards or mice not working
    • Frozen or locked up computer
    • Discolored or fuzzy monitors
    • Projector bulbs

Can I forward my email?

  • Yes, especially since the AAC will only send information to your school email.
  • You can forward your email by going to your settings in Office365.
  • There's a video on how to do that in the "How-To" section.

How do I use the scanners in the Computer Labs?

  • A guide on how to use the scanners can be found in the "How-To" section.

How do I get Office on my computer?

  • So long as you are a student or employee of the school, you are entitled access to Office.
  • To download the software onto your computer:
    • Sign in to Office365 by going to
    • At the main page, click on "Install Office" and select "Office 365 apps" from the drop-down menu.
    • This will download the installer for your specific operating system.
    • Run the installer and follow the instructions.
    • At first run, you may be asked to sign in with your email address and password to complete the installation.

Do we have access to Adobe Creative Cloud?

  • Yes, so long as you are an enrolled student or specifically designated faculty or staff member, you have access.
  • As a student, if you take a semester off, you loose your access. The same thing applies for adjunct faculty (winter and summer breaks don't count).
  • If you are unsure if you have access, simply submit a Help Ticket.
  • To get started, visit and click "Sign In" at the top right.
  • Use your school email address and choose "Company or School Account" when prompted.
  • You will then see an Office365 login page.
  • Log in using your school email address and password. If you're already logged in to Office365, you will automatically be signed in.
  • After signing in, click on the "Apps" tab near the top left of the screen.
  • Download the "Creative Cloud" application.
    • If you try to just download Photoshop and sign in with your Adobe ID, it won't work.
  • Install the Creative Cloud app, open it and sign in with your Adobe ID.
  • Once signed in, click on the "Apps" tab.
  • Click the blue "Install" button next to the app you want to install.

If I want to bring my own laptop to school, what are the requirements?

  • For Apple Laptops
    • Minimum
      • MacBook Air
      • Intel i5 Processor
      • 128GB of storage
      • 4 GB of RAM
      • 1024x768 display dimensions • 512 MB of VRAM
      • MacOS 10.12 Sierra
    • Recommended
      • MacBook Pro
      • Intel i7 processor
      • 256GB or higher of storage • 8GB or higher of RAM
      • Retina display
      • 1GB or higher of VRAM
      • MacOS 10.15 Catalina
  • For Microsoft Devices
    • Minimum
      • Intel i5 Processor
      • 128 GB of storage
      • 4 GB of RAM
      • 1024x768 display
      • 512 MB of VRAM
      • Windows 8
    • Recommended
      • Intel i7 Processor
      • 256GB or higher storage
      • 8 GB or higher of RAM
      • 1920x1080 or higher display
      • 1GB or more of VRAM
      • Windows 10
  • Please note, due to software availability and compatibility, we do not recommend using iPads or Chrome based tablets or laptops.

Can you help with this sharp pain in my neck?

  • No. Go see a doctor.

What's the capital of Djibouti?

  • Djibouti